Welcome to part 4 of my series on E-Commerce in Latin America. Today I’ll be talking about whether or not you should do dropshipping or private label if you plan to open an online store down here.
For those unfamiliar with these terms as they relate to e-commerce, let me break it down in layman’s terms for you.
Dropshipping – Dropshipping is when the retailer (you) doesn’t keep stock but rather forwards customer orders and shipping information to a manufacturer or wholesaler who ships the customers order directly to them.
The easiest execution of a dropshipping store is through Shopify, Obrelo and AliExpress.
You guessed it: another instalment in the E-Commerce series. Although this is Part 3, it really should be Part 1. After all, before you attempt to start any business, you should first make sure people want what you’re offering.
Fortunately, the Internet has made it easy to do this. Many of you may already be familiar with the idea of testing the demand of a product you aren’t selling yet by driving traffic to a sales page to gauge interest and telling any customers that want to buy your product that you’re ‘sold out’. Based on how many inquiries you get, you’ll have an idea if it’s a viable product or not.
This is a commonly-used strategy for hopeful entrepreneurs in the United States, Europe, Australia etc., but hasn’t quite caught on in LATAM.
One of the biggest hurdles of living in Latin America is finding good accommodation.
Most travellers opt for Airbnb - after all, it's one of the most convenient ways to find a short/long term rental in almost any Central or South American city, and its terms and services protect both owner and tenant from any unexpected issues that may arise.
But, unfortunately, it's not the cheapest option. Airbnb rentals are usually...
Thousands of Venezuelans have taken to the streets to protest President Maduro's increasingly oppressive rule and general incompetence. Mass inflation, food shortages and violent crime have seen the leader's approval rating plummet to about 20%.
Clearly, most Venezuelans think it's time for a regime change.
But how is it that - in a country that has been suffering so long, with many angry, gun-owning citizens - Maduro is able to hold on to power?
I've got some time, so I thought I'd put together a fun little post outlining some of the items I pack to go to Latin America.
Around 2012/2013 I threw out, sold or donated most of my stuff. Since then I've adopted somewhat of a minimalist lifestyle. I'd say about 90% of what I own, I travel with. The other 10% stays in storage in Canada, and consists mostly of things that hold sentimental value.
These days, instead of buying more things, I just replace the things that I already have when they break or break down. I'm conscious of never unnecessarily increasing my personal belongings.
As much as I try to forget, the first time I had sex will always be burned in my memory.
It was around a decade ago. I was in high school (late bloomer) and I got a summer job working on a corn farm. I'd wake up at the crack of dawn, harvest corn until noon and then deliver it to various produce stands around the city.
Mikaela worked at one of these stands. She was a year older than me and went to the high school across town. About 5'7", long blonde hair and brown eyes. Thin as a twig but somehow was blessed with an ass that disobeyed gravity...